Vinaynagar Colony was developed by the Vinaynagar Coop Housing Society (VNCH) over forty years ago. There is an open land belonging to VNCH , bordering with the neighbouring S.L. Vidyapeeth. There was an attempt, by the latter, to encroach this land sometime in the 1990s. After MCH and police intervention, it was resolved in favour of VNCH.
In order to avoid any such future problems, a Vinayaka temple was constructed with the help of other Colony members and general public (devotees).
Sri.Sri.Vijaya Vinayaka Devalayam Pratishthapana Karyakramam took place on Swasthisri Pramodanama Samvatsara Shravana Bahula Padyami, Vidiya and Tritiya, corresponding to dates 27 August 1999, Friday to 27 August 1999, Sunday.
A Committee along with the help of general public (devotees ) completed the Pratisthapana and construction of the Temple in all respects with a facility for dwelling home for Archaka & Paricharaka and a separate kitchen for preparing Prasadams.
The Committee started searching for Advaitha Siddhanta Mutt to take over the temple. Accordingly, in May 2004, the Committee approached Sri. Shankara Mutt, Nallakunta, Hyderabad.
On 03-06-2004, it is decided to recommend its affiliation with Sri. Sharada Peetham to Sri.Adishankara Bharathi Teertha Swamiji.
With the permission of Sri. Sri. Bharathi Teertha Swamiji, the Temple was dedicated to Sri. Sringeri Mutt, Sringeri
With a Colony resident and a philanthropist who has contributed a major share in constructing the temple, an Advisory Committee was formed by the Sringeri Peetham
Morning and Evening
- Prasadam Distibution to devotees.
On Wednesdays, Poornima days and on Sankashta hara Chaturthi days ,
- Ganapati Homam
- On Poornima days, Sri. Satyanarayana Vruthams
- On Sankashta hara Chaturthi (Bahula Chaturthi )days, samuhika abhishekams (over 100 couples in participation ).
- Annaprasada Viniyoga – at the end of Abhishekam , Pooja and Harathi.
- On all festival days, special poojas are performed and special prasada distribution
- On every second Sunday, about 100 orphan children are fed.
- Daily Abhishekam, Archana, Homam – by Devotees
- Pooja for new vehicles.
- On Pratisthapana (Birthday of Sri.Vijaya Vinayaka Swamy, Vinay nagar ) 21 or 5 homagundas Ganapati/Chandi homam and Annaprasadam
Punar Pratisthapana was performed on Swasthisri Sarvadhari Samvatsara Karthika Bahula Tritiya, Chaturthi and Panchami (Saturday, Sunday and Monday). Corresponding dates are 15th, 16th and November 2008.
SRI. Sringeri Sharada Peetham
Sri Sri Vijaya Vinayaka Devalayam,
HYDERABAD 500 059
Ph : 040-2453 1300
Branch In-charge :
Shri. C. Vijaya Kumar,
Hon. Agent & Convenor
Phone : 040-2453 0474 (M ) 99481 66555