Mallikarjunapeta[Sri Sringeri Sankar Math]
The Math building was constructed in the year 1931 by Sri Bodanandendra Swamy a devotee of Sarada Peetham with an intention for providing shelter and bhikshabhivandanam to Brahmins those who are staying in this math and following the tradition of Sarada Peetham. This is the only one Sankar Math being popular here.
- Sri Gayathri Devi
- Sri Adisankaracharya
- Sri Ganga Parvathi Sametha Sri Chandramowleswara
- Sri Vigneswara
- Sri Dattatreya
- Sri Rukmabai Sahitha Panduranga
- Navagraha and
- Sri Subrahmanyeswara Swamy
The Prathistha of Navagraha and Sri Subramaniyeswara are conducted on 12.06.2005 with the blessings of his holiness Jagadguru Sri Sri Sri Bharathi Teerdha Swamy.
Festivals and Functions
- Ayushya Homam on the Vardhanti day of His Holiness
- Chandramowleswara Swamy Kalyanam
- Sankar Jayanthi Usthavam.
- Sankar Bhashyam Parayana for 5 days during Shankara Jayanti.
- In the beginning of Chaturmasya Deeksha (i.e.) on Ashada Sudha Powrnima Kashaya Deeksha Vastramulu will be presented to Yatheeswarlu and Adisanakaracharya Archana will be done.
- Gayatri Ammavaru will be decorated with different Alamkarams in Dasara Navaratrulu. During the day of Durgashtami Vedapandit Satkaramulu will be held to Ghanapatis and Kramapatis respectively.
- In Karthhekamasam Mahanyasapurvaka Ekadasa Rudhrabhisehkam is celebrated to Chandramowleswara Swamy.
- Sri Rukmabai Sahita Panduranga Swamy Vari Kalyanam is celebrated on Kartheeka Pournami.
- In this month a Devotee of Sankar Math will celebrate Brahmin Samaradhana besides giving Sambhavana and Bed Sheets to the Veda Pandits.
Some of the Devotees of the Sankar Math have enrolled as Ubhayadatalu by paying Rs. 1,500/- each to perform Archana to Gayatri Ammavaru and to perform Yati Bhisha once in a year as required by them.
During the period of Krishna Pushkaram-2004 Sri Nimmagadda Subrahmanyam who is present Dharamadhikari for Sankar Math, Vadlamannativari Satram & Gayatri Alayam from 13.10.2005has arranged Higenic food in the samaradhana at
Sankar Math about 1,000 to 2,000 devotees every day throughout all the pushkaram days.
In the premises of Sankar Math Sri Durga Malleswara Brahmin Nitya Annadana Satram being run by Sri Madduri Yajulu Garu, Advisor Kanakadurga Temple.
Krishna Yajurveda Parayana will be done at Sri Sankar Math every day by Sri Khambhampati Nageswara Avadhani and by Sri V.N.V.S. Lakshminarayana Ghanapati under vedaparayana scheme by T.T.D., Tirupathi.
Sri Nimmagadda Subrahmanyam Dharmadhikari,
Sri Sringeri Sankar Math
10-2-65, Arjun Street,
PHONE No.0866 – 2424871 2423978 98490 84600
Manager 0866 – 2423396.