Vijaya Yatras of Sri Chandrashekhara Bharati Mahaswamiji
Invited by the Maharaja of Mysore, the Jagadguru started in January 1924 on a tour of South India. At Mysore the Maharaja received His Holiness with all tokens of devotion. Jagadguru then entered the plains of Satyamangalam. His further itinerary was on the lines of His predecessor’s, Gobichettipalayam, the agraharas along the course of the Cauvery upto Jambukeshwaram, Srirangam and Tiruchirapalli, and then through Pudukottai State of Chettinad, halting, at Kunnakudi for the Chaturmasya vows. After visiting Ramanathapuram, Rameshwaram and Madurai, He visited the towns and villages on the banks of the Tamaraparani including Papanasam and Banatirtha falls and Tiruchendur, He worshipped the Goddess Kanyakumari and proceeded to Trivandrum where the Maharaja received him in a manner worthy of the eminence of the Acharya and the traditions of his state. The Acharya celebrated Shankara Jayanthi (April 1927) at Kaladi, and inaugurated the course in Vedanta in the Patashala. The Maharaja of Cochin visited the Acharya in Kaladi. Then passing through Cochin State, He visited Palakkad and Coimbatore and at Nanjangud instituted a Patashala. He reached Sringeri towards the end of 1927.
In 1938, the Jagadguru yielded to the prayers of disciples to visit Bangalore and stay there for few months. Facing the shrine of Sri Shankara in the Bangalore Mutt premises, another shrine had been built for Sri Sharada which the Acharya consecrated. From Bangalore Jagadguru went to Coimbatore and then to Kaladi, where He stayed for ten months. The Maharaja of Travancore Sri Chittirai Tirunal, and his distinguished Diwan C.P. Ramaswami Aiyar afforded all facilities during the Acharya’s sojourn.