CEO and Administrator
Guruseva Dhurina Padmashree Dr. V. R. Gowrishankar has been administering the Sringeri Math with its vast estate and properties, having more than one hundred and fifty branches throught the country since 1986 as per the directions of the Jagadguru Shankaracharya of the Dakshinamnaya Sringeri Sharada Peetham.
As the Administrator and the CEO of the Math, Dr. V. R. Gowrishankar has been spearheading and supporting many developmental and other activities in a wide array of fields. Some of these include
- Free Meal to School Children
- Village adoption and swasti grama yojana
- Swasthya Health Project
- Knowledge Centre
- Free Computer Kit to Schools
- Education through Computer
Sri Math Activities
- Construction and execution of ‘Sri Bharati Tirtha Prasada’ dining hall at Sringeri
- New building for the century old Veda Samskrita Pathashala
Recipient of the Padmashri civilian award from the President of India
In 2008, the Government of India announced the conferring of ‘Padmashri’ award, one of the highest civilian honours of the country, on the Administrator of the Peetham, Guru Seva Dhurina Sri V R Gowrishankar for his outstanding contributions in the field of social work and development of the Malnad region in general and Sringeri Mutt in particular.
For more details download Profile of the Administrator (PDF).