Gita Gyana Yagna
गीताशास्त्रमिदं पुण्यं यःपठेत् प्रयतःप्रमान्
विष्णोःपदमवाप्नोति भयशोकादि वर्जितः
Srimat Bhagavat Gita is considered as one of the greatest Spiritual books worldwide which contains 700 verses. The beauty of Gita is that its knowledge applies to all human beings at all times and does not postulate any sectarian idealogy or secular view. Bhagavad- Gita reveals the eternal principles which are fundamental and essential for spiritual life from all perspectives and allows one to perfectly understand the mystical facts hidden within us.
For propagating the Sanatana Dharma through Bhagavat Gita, on the 56th Vardhanti day of His Holiness Jagadguru Sri Bharathi Tirtha Mahaswamiji, Sri Sharada Peetham has started a Gita Gyana Yajna. Under the Scheme of this Yajna, any individual, once in their life time, can recite by memory all the 700 slokas in the 18 Chapters of The Gita and receive a reward of Rs.21,000 alongwith the Benign Blessings of Jagadguru and a Certificate.
The contestant can recite and receive the above in the following methods.
- Recite all the 18 Chapters without mistake and receive reward of Rs.21000 and Certificate and Blessings of His Holiness in a single attempt
- Or in three attempts as below
- Recite first 6 chapters without mistakes and receive reward of Rs.5000 on any day
- Recite Chapters 7 to 12 without mistakes and receive reward of Rs.5000 on another day and
- Recite all the 18 chapters without mistake and receive the balance amount of Rs.11000 and the Certificate along with the Benign Blessings of His Holiness.
Rules and Regulations
- There is no age limit for the contestant.
- The contestant has to send an application or phone us (No.08265-250123) and confirm the date for participating in the Geeta Gyana Yagna
- The contestant will be initially examined by the Scholars of the Math and later by His Holiness before getting the Certificate from His Holiness.
- The contestant has to bring a colour passport size photo and fill up the form.